- €75,000 for Reception & Transmission, Execution of orders on behalf of clients, Portfolio management, Investment advice without being authorized for holding clients’ funds
- €150,000 STP License (Reception & Transmission, Execution of orders on behalf of clients, Portfolio management, Investment advice).
- €750,000 Market Maker License (Reception & Transmission, Execution of orders on behalf of clients, Portfolio management, Investment advice, Underwriting and placing of financial instruments on a firm commitment basis, Dealing on Own Account, Operation of Multilateral Trading Facility)
Timeframe: 4-6 months
Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC) is the financial regulator that supervises the investment/financial services in Cyprus. Being a member of the European Union, Cyprus is following the EU laws such us the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID) and being enable to use the Single Passporting EU right, the licensed investment firms can promote their services across the EU and establish branches and representative offices within EU without additional capital requirements.
The Cyprus Investment Firms Law 87(I)/2017 (the “Law”) provides the legal framework for the provision of investment services and activities and the operation of the regulated markets.
- Be incorporated in Cyprus
- Four (4) directors; two directors acting as executives and two non-executives; at least three (3) of them must be Cyprus residents; Directors must demonstrate knowledge and experience and must pass the “fit and proper” test of the CySEC.
- Local resident staff members shall be hired on a full-time basis to fulfill the key functions of the Company. Depending on the license selected, minimum number of personnel must be hired.
- The Company must have a fully operational office in Cyprus