The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) makes it compulsory for organizations to appoint a data protection officer (DPO), an expert in data protection law and practice. A (DPO) is an independent official who keeps up on laws and practices around data protection, provides information and advice on the various GDPR obligations of your organization, and acts as contact person for the supervisory authority. However, hiring a full-time DPO is likely to be challenging – and expensive – due to a shortage of suitable talent or employee availability.
Hiring our Company as your external DPO your organization can benefit from our expertise in data protection law and practices and can provide the following services:
- Inform and advise your organization and its employees on the requirements of the GDPR.
- Monitor your organization’s compliance with the GDPR
- Advice and assist on data protection impact assessments
- Act as a contact person for the supervisory authority
- Work with the organizations to address other needs in addition to the core set of services
- Annual reviews, supported by on-site audit