Estonia offers attractive conditions for acquiring a Virtual Currency Provider license, which includes electronic wallet license and the virtual currency exchange license. Estonia has enacted a new Cryptocurrency Exchange licence through the Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Prevention Act (MLTFPA) under the Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU).
Timeframe for completion: 2-3 months
Capital Requirements & Other Fees
- The Estonian regulated entity must have an authorized capital of EUR 12,000 that needs to be deposited on the company bank account.
- FIU license fees are EUR 3,300.
- A physical office and a registered legal address in Estonia
- At least 1 local member on the Board
- Local AML Officer
- Payment account opened in EU zone